Note: there is a strict capacity of 50 people for this venue as part of the event license. Arrive early to avoid disappointment. We will share on Instagram if it fills up and there’s a queue.
Friday 5th May 2023, 9pm-3am
25D Floodgate St, Deritend, Birmingham B5 5SL
ENERGY FLOW is a transference and intermingling party of shared deep grooves and en-tranced bass. Between bodies – between djs and dancers. Playing a late night drawl – a lateral drawl – a late night libidinal drawl of deep, house n disco cuts, acid trance and bass. We want you to leave with more energy than you arrived with. High-fi low lifes.
- This is a cosmic dance party held under the slow rotation of the disco-ball and rhythmic beats set down by our DJ’s.
- This party takes place in Pan Pan, Digbeth, Birmingham UK.
- Expect psychedelic deep grooves, beautiful voices, house n disco cuts, entranced acid and bass from around this pale blue dot.
We are putting on a party etc… David Mancuso, queer shit, 1312/union, don’t pay ur bills, get up and get down, birmingham forever
- Pan-Pan is not a fully wheelchair accessible venue but there is step free access.
- The venue is 15 minutes walk from New Street Station.
- The venue is 13 minutes walk away from Moor Street station.
- The venue is roughly 5 minutes walk away from Digbeth High Street.
- The venue is 8 minutes walk away from Minerva Works.
- Taxis can pull up close to the venue on Floodgate Street.
- Please don’t attend if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. Take a lateral flow test before attending if you can. It is vital we try and protect each other in solidarity with those that are vulnerable to COVID-19.
- There will be loud music (around 95db SPL, though some peaks may be slightly higher). We will attempt to keep sounds in safe hearing limits. Free ear plugs will be available.
- The dancefloor will be low lit, we will not be using flashing lights or lasers.
- There will be a quieter chill out space with seating area outside the front of the venue if you need a break.
- There is a single stall gender neutral toilet with a mirror.
- There’s a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic (including tea and coffee). drinks and snacks. Tap water will always be free.
- There will be a range of seating available.
Code of Conduct
- This is an 18+ event.
- Please be kind and considerate to other party people.
- Unwanted sexual attention will not be tolerated.
- Respect consent and boundaries.
- Respect other’s identities. Don’t assume.
- Any problems, speak to Pan-Pan staff behind the bar, door staff or one of the DJ’s or event organisers.
How much have you got
All entry donations go to DJs, pay what you can entry fee – £0, £5, £10. Support your local music counterculture.
Island T (Selextorhood) – She/They
Inspired by uplifting full rhythms and deliciously intoxicating beats Island:T’s eclectic sets sweep across the globe. Pulling in the warm sounds of Jazz, Afro, Funk, Psychedelic Disco, Brazilian rhythms and much more.
Founder of Leftfield (Formerly Cry Bab Club), and producers for creative events they seek to create inclusive, eclectic atmospheres.
This is reflected in their selections, Island:T is a love letter to those who have influenced their musical and artistic style.
They host a monthly radio show on BLOCK Cov ‘Stereo Hues’; taking a colour or tone and matching the vibrations to a killer set of tunes
Sexy Roy (Energy Flow/Selextorhood) – They/Them
sexy roy is a DJ and experimental producer from Birmingham UK. Part of the Selextorhood community they play music for bopping, out and about, and sometimes a bit further afield. Aka artist/researcher emily warner who makes collaborative work with sound, movement and performance, and loves anything that involves a sonic mingle. An interest in sound culture, social space and deep listening sits at the heart of their practice, which calls for softer-spaces and alternative club environments for those who might not ordinarily be present in these contexts.
DJ Superstar DJ (Energy Flow/Selextorhood) – They/Them
DJ Superstar DJ Lai Power hails from the motor city of Birmingham, UK. Uploading echoes of interstellar dancefloors into your cyberbrain. Future sounds from the ninth dimension. All musical powers to the people. Proletariat dance music. Guaranteed to make you dance.